TAAMS represents more than 25 air medical organizations running over 100 aircraft in the State of Texas. Our members include for-profit and not-for-profit medical transport service providers, suppliers and individuals which have come together for the purpose of improving the Texas air medical community.
TAAMS membership offers guidance for its members to maintain safe operations and quality patient care standards. Our members network with other Texas-based air medical professionals including aircraft manufacturers, vendors, pediatric and neonatal specialists, and fixed- and rotor-wing crews.
The effectiveness of our Association is best measured in its accomplishments:
- TAAMS Safety Summit resulted in multiple white papers on safety and operations for the State of Texas.
- State Disaster Plan for Air Medical Services which was developed in response to operations during hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Dean, Gustav, and Ike.
- State active shooter plan, which provided a framework for multiple-aircraft response events.
- Formulation of the “Hall of Honor” Golf Tournament- raining funds for the families of EMS Line of Duty deaths.
- Promoting education and research with offerings annually during the Texas EMS Conference.
TAAMS was founded on the premise that representation from a variety of medical transport services, specialists, and business partners is the best forum in which to share information, collectively resolve problems and provide leadership and education to the air medical community. Please join us on our mission to improve our industry in the State of Texas.